Dear Cross Creek family,
Please mark your calendars for these important dates coming up throughout the rest of the summer!
- George Merson Memorial Service: Saturday, July 22, 10:00am. Join us as we gather to honor the memory of our beloved friend, George, and pray for the Holy Spirit's comfort upon the Merson family.
- Discover Cross Creek: Sunday, August 6, 12:00pm. This is an opportunity to learn more about Cross Creek, and is also the first step in our church membership process. Lunch and childcare provided. Register here: http://bit.ly/2qP5wLf
- Jumbo Shrimp Baseball Game: Tuesday, August 8, 7:05pm. Silent Movie Night! The whole game will be done silent-movie style, with no PA announcements, no audible cheering and a black & white video board. Fans will be encouraged to use hand signals to cheer, as silence is the theme of the night! $8 per ticket. Register online ASAP! http://bit.ly/2uB4oNl
- Fall Classes Begin: Sunday, August 13, 9:30am. We are excited to offer a new lineup of Fall Classes for all ages. More info: http://bit.ly/2o8nHds
- Installation of New Pastor: Sunday, August 13, 10:30am. My family and I are so thankful for you, for your ongoing love and support, and now, most recently, for this pastoral call that's been extended. I love this church and am excited to continue doing the work of the gospel ministry side by side with you. On August 13, as part of our weekly worship service, there will be a commission from the presbytery to formally install me as the pastor of Cross Creek. Our congregation's founding pastor, Rev. Chuck McArthur, will be presiding. Soli Deo gloria!
- End of Summer Party! Sunday, August 27, 12:00pm. We'll have a lunch on the lawn and fun activities for the kids to celebrate the end of a wonderful summer together.
Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to the numerous staff and volunteers that have been working so hard to serve our community this summer, with events like Costa Rica, Surf Shack VBS, Indoor Movie Night, and more! This kind of loving fellowship and warm hospitality are essential to the life of the church. So THANK YOU to Shane & Sara Fowler, Aaron & Laura Koerner, Rebecca Ingram, Heather Coggins, Barb Deisch, and so many others who have been investing their lives into our shared life together!
Grace and peace,